Dr. Janet Yu, DTCM, RAC, MD (China)
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Registered Acupuncturist with 32 years of experience
- Non-Staff Practitioner at VGH and UBC Hospitals
- Instructor for several TCM Colleges
“I enjoy working with my patients from Port Moody, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam, and I am focused on improving your health and wellness. I welcome all new patients from the Tri-Cities area, and beyond. I am active in our community and continue to develop my relationship with all the medical professionals and practitioners in the area.”
Dr. Janet Yu, DTCM, RAC is a doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Registered Acupuncturist. She has 32 years of clinical experience and has been serving the Tri-Cities community for the last 22 years. Dr. Yu has been a non-staff practitioner at VGH and UBC Hospital and an instructor at several TCM schools. She has also been on the Board of Examiners for TCM College.
Dr. John Janek, DC
- Chiropractor with 17 years experience
- Certification in Pre/Post-Natal Chiropractic Care and Pediatric Care
- Certified in Webster Technique
“I believe that the primary role of a doctor is to educate and, to effectively educate and communicate, you must get involved with the community.”
Dr. John Janek, DC is a doctor of Chiropractic with over 17 years of clinical experience and has practiced locally and internationally, including the U.S. and U.K. Dr. Janek’s primary focus is in family practice, and he works with people of all ages, from children to the elderly, for many musculoskeletal problems, utilizing a variety of different techniques.
He has worked extensively with people in the performing arts and also athletes in many different disciplines and at many different competitive levels. Dr. Janek has helped a lot of people in the rehabilitation of work-related or automobile injuries.
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Graduated from the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in 2005
“I strive to provide comfort and care for all my patients, and to educate the importance of postural awareness throughout their daily lives.”
Allan has 10 years experience practicing as a Registered Massage Therapist in the Lower Mainland. During this time he has taken specific training in Myofascial Release (MFR), Craniosacral Therapy (CST), and has instructed yoga and fitness.
His fitness education has enabled him to understand body mechanics and joint function. With his massage therapy experience coupled with his strong fitness background, he will:
- assess your postural imbalances, incorrect biomechanics, and/or ergonomic inconsistencies occurring in your daily life, and workplace environment.
- integrate a self-care/active rehabilitation program for all ages designed to help speed your recovery, and provide long-term wellness.
- use various applied massage therapy techniques to effect your treatment.
Dr. Mehrdad Torkaman (MND)
- Licensed Naturopath Doctor (ND)
- Medical Doctor (MD) from Iran
As a Naturopathic Doctor, with a focus on family practice, Dr. Torkaman works with clients to create an individual treatment protocol based on specific needs and conditions. He works with recognized academic treatments, up-to-date research, and uses a number of specialized diagnostic tools and therapeutic modalities to enhance the healing process.
Dr. Torkaman earned his Medical Doctor degree in Iran in 1996 and his Naturopathic Doctor degree at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine, in BC, Canada in 2013.