Our Services – Laser Therapy
What is low-intensity laser therapy?
Low Intensity Laser Therapy is a highly effective, non-toxic and non-invasive therapy that uses light energy from superluminous and laser diodes. The light particles are absorbed by cells in your body where the light energy turns into biochemical energy. This energy helps the body’s cells work faster in order to repair and regenerate itself. The therapeutic light beam safely penetrates deep into tissues. Symptoms disappear and normal cell function is restored.
What are the effects of laser therapy?
- Increases ATP levels which increases cell energy
- Modulates white blood cells to improve immune function
- Helps DNA production and cell division to speed up healing
- Promotes collagen synthesis to strengthen muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Drains lymph to reduce swelling
- Promotes creation of new blood vessels which improves circulation
- Reduces inflammation to speed up recovery
- Reduces formation of fibrous tissue and scar tissue
What are the advantages of laser therapy?
- Simple procedure – Highly effective
- No significant side effects noted
How long does treatment take?
A treatment usually takes 30 minutes to an hour.
How many treatments are required?
The number of treatments required varies with the chronicity and extent of the symptoms as well as the individual receiving treatment. The average number is around 9 treatments per patient.
What are the side effects of laser therapy?
Laser therapy is non-toxic and non-invasive. No significant side effects have been noted in over 1 million individual treatments.
Is low-intensity laser therapy for you?
Laser therapy has been proven to treat musculoskeletal injuries, chronic and degenerative conditions, dermatological problems, and open wounds.
- Tendonitis / Arthritis
- Spinal stenosis /Sciatica
- Rotator cuff tears
- Neck pain / TM.1 dysfunction – Neuropathies
- Plantar fasciitis
- Bulging and herniated discs
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Ligament and tendon tears – Repetitive stress injuries
- Dermatological problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Calcifications – Fibromyalgia – Gout
- Contusions / Bruises
- Golfer’s and Tennis Elbow
What are the Clinical Benefits of Laser Therapy?
- Highly effective for many diseases and conditions
- Eliminates pain
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function
- Easily applied
- Non-invasive – does not cut tissue
- No known adverse effects
- No drug interactions
- Often makes surgical interventions unnecessary
- Provides a treatment alternative for patients that have not responded to other therapies
Conditions Treated by Laser Therapy:
|Conditions Treated by Laser Therapy:
Repetitive Stress Injury
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Rotator Cuff Tear
Epicondylitis – Tennis Elbow/Golfer’s Elbow
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Temporo-mandibular Joint Dysfunction
Dupuytren’s Contracture Injuries
Ligament and Tendon Tears
Fractures with associated Soft Tissue Injuries
Facet Joint Syndrome
Bulging and Herniated Discs
Gout / Arthrtis
|Herpes Zoster (shingles)
Peripheral nerve damage (trauma, etc.)
Remodeling of dermal lesions (keloid scars, etc.)